Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Artichoke Field

Artichoke Field, 2012 
I still haven't processed my 120 film from Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day, but I did shoot one instant pinhole one the day.  An artichoke field right after a rainstorm, with a rainbow barely visible in the sky in the background.  Shot on expired Polaroid Type 55 4x5 instant film (expired in 2006, I think), using a Leonardo 4x5 pinhole camera and approximately 4 minutes exposure time.  The results seem a tad solarized, but I'm not sure if it's due to expired film or something else.  I'm down to my last 9 sheets of this film, so I'm hoping for a comparable replacement soon.

Thanks for visiting.  Please take a moments to leave comments and questions in the space provided.

1 comment:

  1. Oh for some type 55 which expired "only" in 2006! It's funny you mention the solarization. My image taken on WPPD was just the same and I have not seen this before. My last remaining box has an expiry date of 1998 but has behaved very predictably until now. My suspicion is that a thin negative (which mine is) printed and then scanned blocks up lots of the grey tones making the result look solarized. Your solarized parts are mainly the lesser exposed areas so maybe that explains it. WPPD was terribly dull here and I did underestimate the required exposure when making my negative. It will be interesting to see if a properly exposed shot does the same.

    ReplyDelete