Friday, November 28, 2014

Wet Plate Self Portraits

Self Portrait 1, Wet Plate Collodion, 2014

Self Portrait 2, Wet Plate Collodion, 2014


Two new ambrotypes, both shot on black glass with a slightly modified Brownie No 2 box camera.  The first was a 30 second exposure, the second probably a 20 second exposure, interrupted by a passerby wanting to know why I was standing in my studio door staring at the strange box! And, in case you were wondering, I don't really look like this.

Thanks for visiting!  Please leave comments or questions in the space provided.

4 comments:

  1. Great picture. Where did you buy the chemicals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous - Thanks! I bought the chemistry from a variety of sources. Where are you located?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Europe, so I buy from European suppliers. There are quite a few companies in the States but I don't know if they'll ship to Canada. Maybe try one of the Collodion forums online.

    ReplyDelete